Open IoT Summer School – 6th Edition
The 2019 Internet of Things School is an event organized by the OpenIoT consortium, ACTIVAGE, CREATE-IoT and the Interreg NWE CaRe Peat Projects following the EU IoT-Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (2018-2020 IoT-SRIA) with focus on providing insights about Open Source Solutions, Service Openness and Semantic Interoperability for the Internet of Things.
“Internet Technologies for Sustainable Future”
The detailed agenda can be found HERE
The 2019 Internet of Things School is an international event for the different stakeholders involved in the IoT ecosystem, scientific researcher(s) across Europe and other parts of the world, open Source communities and developers and to any large enterprise or entrepreneurs (SME) / individuals interested to participate, contribute, develop and acquire the know-how about Internet of Things technology, Middleware platforms and services and Applications based on the Open source IoT middleware’s.
In the 2019 Internet of Things School are covered in depth a range of specialized Interne of Things technical related topics, from sensor networks, sensing data, stream data processing, methods and protocol implementation to service openness, interoperability, service scheduling, delivery, utility management, and their applications with focus on IoT horizontal solutions in multidisciplinary areas, (e.g. smart city, intelligent manufacturing, car2car communications, M2M, smart appliances, etc.)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Problem analysis (case-by-case) and resolution via direct support from the experts in the area of data management, distributed systems design, ontology engineering, semantic technologies and senior researchers.
Close collaboration and hands on work between academy and industry for sharing best, of both sides, experiences from using Open Source Platforms and middleware for the Internet of Things.
The problem resolution and deep analysis for possible extensions in response of the demands from developers and IoT solution providers and also from the open source community.
IoT SCHOOL FORMAT
2019 Open Internet of Things School is a unique opportunity to learn directly from technical experts and system developers about the status, progress and plans for Open Internet of Things trends and evolution. Open challenges in the area of Internet of Things are also part of the expected outcomes.
The Internet of Things School combines keynote talks lectures on fundamental and applied aspects of the Internet of Things with hands-on tutorials and experimentation, providing the participants with a solid understanding and experience to further advance research using Open source platforms, IoT middleware and cloud infrastructures and IoT technology.
WHY TO ATTEND?
The aims of the 2019 Internet of Things School are:
To learn the design principles, core architectural components, basics of functionality and practical experience(s) about open source platforms, large Scale Self-organizing Cloud Environments and Internet of Things Applications, specific talks on specific topics are:
Design and Principles
- Overall aspects for Internet of Things.
- Core components and applied aspects for Open Source IoT Architecture(s).
- Service Openness and Semantic Interoperability principles.
- Recent advances in the IoT open source platforms landscape.
- Important research challenges and directions for semantic interoperability.
Technical and Hands-on
- Experimentally-driven IoT experience in the form of hands-on sessions.
- Resolution of specific Internet of Things-related problems.
- Know how on one of the flagship leading European IoT middleware(s).
- Contact with experts in the IoT domain(s) at first class research facilities.
- Networking with IoT researchers and experienced scholars.
- Academic and industrial exchange.
- Opportunities to open discussions and round tables.
- Brainstorming, discuss and share your own ideas.
- Expand your skills and expertise on handling Open Source solutions.
The venue is at DCU Alpha innovation Building
DCU Alpha Innovation Campus
11 Old Finglas Rd, Glasnevin,
Co. Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
The Open IoT summer school participation is FREE of cost
- Coffee Breaks: Sponsored by NUIG Insight-Galway
- Lunch: (Monday 30th Septenber to Tuesday 01th October). Sponsored by CaRe Peat Project
- Social Event (Monday 30th Sept), venue to be confirmed. Sponsored by ACTIVAGE Project
NOTE: while the participation fee is FREE of cost, It is responsibility of the participants to make travel arrangements and accommodation (see below ACCOMMODATION for more details)
Internet of Things School
30 September – 01 October 2019, Dublin City, Ireland
The detailed agenda can be found HERE
On-site registration is possible, however it is advisable register using the following links: